Osmium MIMU4444 / MIMU4492*
A Massive IMU Array Platform
The Osmium MIMU4444 / MIMU4492 - contains 32 IMUs, with two mirrored 4x4 square IMU arrays. MIMU4444 / MIMU4492 is an ideal platform to implement very high precision motion sensing by using Sensor Fusion and Array Signal Processing methods. It is an easy to use and highly configurable sensor-array platform, serves the needs for niche applications, such as gait analysis, 3D motion capture, Structure from Motion (SfM) etc. It is supported with open-source software for foot mounted pedestrian navigation.
*The only difference between MIMU4444 and MIMU4492 is the IMU's model number. MIMU4444 includes MPU-9150, whereas MIMU4492 makes use MPU-9250. Firmware of MIMU4444 is compatible with MIMU4492. MIMU4444's support material can be referred for MIMU4492 also.
*As of now, software support for magnetometer is not available.
- A Massive 32 IMUs array: Two 4x4 IMU arrays.
- Array of nine-axis IMU (Gyro + Accelero + Magnetometer*).
- IMUs’ placement and orientation to minimize systematic errors.
- Parallel communication with IMUs using 32 parallel s/w I2C buses.
- Sensor fusion and calibration compensation on-board.
- Floating pt controller AT32UC3C with 512 Kb internal flash.
- USB 2.0 data interface, All sensors accessible through USB.
- JTAG programmable (needs dedicated JTAG cable).
- Power with USB; LED indicators; 49.3mm x 26.6mm.
- Open source embedded C code
- Framework for sensors’ i/f and data comm
- ZUPT based inertial navigation.
- Command based data communication protocol.
- Access to meaningful intermediate variables.
- Easy to modify, highly modular s/w design.
- Open source communication scripts for PC.
Please visit Support section for resources, tutorials, FAQs etc and Blog for more information on technology.